Have you ever attempted to travel by auto in Bangalore?
I you haven't, you should try.(Why should I be the only one to suffer,gee!)
This would be even more apt if you are the one who need to travel short distances, say 3-4 kms. You can't walk, neither can you take bus(You can take but it would you take you on a world trip before landing at the destination)
So well, as I reach the auto-stand,a nightmare awaits for me.
*Henceforth, lets refer to Autodriver as AD*
AD1,AD2,AD3...(I am searching for infinity on keyboard,oh it's not there): Madam auto madam(chaiwala style)
Auto ha?(Gangster style)
Auto chahiye kya?(Wannabe Hindi wala style)
Me(Ignoring the gang and walking briskly towards the autos away from them)
Me: Bhaiyya,CMH road,Indiranagar.(It's 2.4 kms from there and would cost around 16 rupees)
AD1:Nai madam..wapas khaali aana padta hai
Me(Strange it is but I hear the same dialog when I come the other way. Anyway atleast he was couteous enough, good sign!)
Me: Cmh road?
AD1: One angry look.
I move on to the next.
Me: (Being precise and pointing hand in some random direction to convey the place is closer than they think)Sapna book house, Indiranagar
AD1: 60rupees.
Me: Not the SBH in sadashivanagar, the one in Indiranagar.
AD: Mujhe pata hai.
Me: Well, no expression!
On few days my colleagues accompany me on their way home till auto stand.
Me: Indiranagar
AD :No
Colleague(being sarcastic): Jeevan bhima nagar
AD: No
Colleague: MG road
AD: NO
C: Where do you want to go?We'd come along.
AD:(Smiles) Marathalli
Me: Indiranagar
AD: No
Colleague: Hyderabad
AD: (Chuckles)
Me: Yet again, Indiranagar
AD: No
Colleague: I would ride the auto. You just come along.
Auto anyone?
No Response to "Auto-matic troubles!"
Post a Comment