Ok,this is not to make fun of Non-Southies who have difficulty comprehending some words we use here(Bangalore) quite often.
Before anything, the only person I talk to in Hindi is myself. Yes, Myself(again no, I am not crazy!) It's just that I am little too conscious when I place the tenses and genders in my sentence. Tense somehow i can get away with but gender, oh no, every reason for people around me to have a good laugh. I have an amazing account of screwing up usage of words when I once attempted to talk in Kannada. And no, you won't get to listen to anything further about that story.
Well, what I want to say is, there is a friend of mine who is enthusiastic about picking up few South Indian words, you know, those omnipresent ones like abba,ayyoo,papam and the like. Latest to get added to her collection is the word 'papam'
N : I feel so papam to go sit in my seat idly when everyone around is working like crazy. (Sorry)
Me: Oh ok. I get it.
N: He looks so papam(innocent)
Me: Oh like that?Yes yes.
N: I feel papam for myself, how can I get out of this?(sorry)
Me: (thinking definitely not aloud)Don't you think you should learn more words like that to go well with papam.
Me: :(
N: What?Even you are feeling papam?(May be sick)
Yes, I did try to tell her how it is usually used but, she insists she knows the meaning and usage.
N, I totally love the way you say papam if you hadn't noticed my smirk.Hehe!
No Response to "Do you feel papam too?"
Post a Comment